We change lives
We’re on a mission to change lives by nourishing minds and bodies to create a connected, thriving community.
Since 1966, we’ve been helping vulnerable populations meet life’s most pressing needs. People struggling with hunger, poverty and homelessness count on us for a lifeline of essential resources. Last year, more than 13,400 food boxes were distributed at AZCEND providing more than 820,000 meals. Yet food is just the beginning.
More than a meal
We help neighbors in need discover what’s possible so that they experience a brighter future than they may have imagined.
- Safe, emergency shelter gives people experiencing homelessness the stability they need to get back on their feet
- Rent and utilities assistance keeps people in their homes
- Early childhood literacy prepares little ones to succeed in Kindergarten and in life
- Parenting classes equip parents to better support their children
- Nourishing meals, friendship and activities for Seniors combat loneliness and isolation.
We change lives by nourishing minds and bodies to create a connected, thriving community.
To have a healthy and productive community built on a foundation of dignity and hope.
AZCEND is built on five core principles:
We perform all of our daily duties with utmost integrity, knowing that the communities we serve trust us to assist their most vulnerable residents.
Compassion for our community and the people we serve is what drives everything we do, knowing that when one person reaches out to help another, both are lifted up in the process.
Our goal is not simply to meet the physical needs of those we serve but to empower others with an unwavering hope that each step is a step forward, and tomorrow will be better than today.
In order to maximize the resources that have been put in our care, each of us strives for excellence in our individual and collective activities, continually looking for ways to do more and do better.