You bring help and hope to those who need it most. You make all the difference!
Get started by exploring opportunities to serve and find details highlighted below. Then complete the New Volunteer Interest Form.
AZCEND welcomes Court Ordered Community Service Volunteers on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Paula@azcend.org to begin volunteering.
Tasks can include
- client check-in,
- sorting and bagging donated food,
- creating produce boxes,
- cleaning and clearing the food bank area,
- filling carts and assisting clients load food into their vehicles.
Food bank drivers are also needed. Drivers pick up donated items including food, help load and unload the truck. Requires a valid driver’s license.
Food Bank Hours
|Monday||11:30 am – 3:15pm|
|Tuesday||2:30 pm – 6:15 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am – 12:15 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am – 12:15 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 11:15 am|
|3rd Saturday of the Month||8:30 am – 12:15 pm|
Our Food Bank is located in a residential neighborhood at 345 S. California St., Chandler, AZ 85225.
I-HELP Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program
I-HELP is a partnership between AZCEND and local houses of worship to provide one night of shelter, a meal, laundry service, and friendship to local persons who are homeless. The following volunteer opportunities are located at the various I-HELP host locations.
Shuttle Bus Driver
Drive clients to and from host site locations during morning and/or evening hours, 7am-8am and 5pm-6pm, Monday through Saturday. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Assist with the sign up of new and existing clients at the Intake Host Site. Provide water and make conversation with clients. Enter client data into the I-HELP database. Hours are 4:30pm-5:30pm daily.
Provide breakfast, lunch or dinner for I-HELP participants.
Volunteers serve in the Senior nutrition programs which are overseen by AZCEND.
Drivers – Gilbert Senior Center
The AZCEND Home Delivered Meals program provides meals to homebound seniors or disabled individuals. Volunteers deliver meals Monday through Friday from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm and 11:30 am – 2:00 pm.
Whether you are available once per month, once per week, or only on an emergency basis, your help is needed. Volunteers drive their own vehicles and are reimbursed for mileage. Drivers must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and the ability to obtain a Level 1 fingerprint clearance card.
Kitchen Help – Gilbert Senior Center
Volunteers are needed to help prep, sort and bag food for the Home Delivered Meals program. Shifts are open on on weekdays from 6 am – 10 am.
General facility maintenance at all AZCEND locations.
Data Entry/Office Help/Front Desk
Help with general administrative tasks on an as-needed basis at the Main Office in Chandler.
Forget to sign in? Want to see your volunteer hours? If you are in our Volgistics System, you are able to enter and edit your hours and information at our Volunteer Log!
To get started, follow these steps:
1. Check that you are in our Volgistics System- Reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, at volunteer@AZCEND.org to ensure you are in our system and that we have the best email address for you
2. Set up your VicNet account- Go to our Volunteer Log page, and click “Password Reset”. Type in the email address you gave us, and click “Send Reset Link”. You will get an email with instructions to set your password.
3. Fill in your account info– Go to “Profile” and fill out the information. You may see some information already there, feel free to edit it as needed.
4. You’re good to go! Hours can be entered under the “Time Sheet” tab, and all hours from 2022 can be found under “Service History”.