Reports To: Kitchen Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared Date: July 7, 2015
Coordinates CCCC’s operations at the Chandler Senior Center, including the food program, in order to offer resources and services that nourish and assists persons age 60+. CCCC’s Senior Programs staff act in accordance with the Senior Programs guiding principles: advocate for the well-being, respect individuality, engage in meaningful activities, and foster independence of/for the people we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for implementation of all aspects of the program operation at CCCC’s Chandler Senior Center including meal service, food preparation, and customer service.
• Coordinates serving of food; oversees table setting in dining room; serves congregate meals at designated time; ensures appropriate portion size; follows dietician’s notes for menu modifications.
• Organizes and maintains kitchen, serving and dining areas (i.e. cleanliness, counter tops, cabinets, drawers, sinks, tables, and equipment); ensures service areas are ready for food service (drink dispensers, ice machine) that tables are cleared and cleaned immediately after meals; supervises cleaning and sanitizing of servicing trays, carts, equipment and dish washing according to standards of sanitation.
• Maintains standards and ensures compliance with current prevailing regulations regarding food service, sanitation, health, and safety.
• Receives and prepares food as directed, in accordance with menu.
• Tests food temperatures daily and logs results.
• Provides oversight for volunteers in service and delivery of meal and customer service operations, including training and scheduling: recruits participants for Center based volunteer roles.
• Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies.
• Promotes family, staff and community involvement with all aspects of the Senior Center programming.
• Participates in cost controls measures as directed.
• Assists with cash security and controls.
• Exercises confidentiality, sensitivity, and professionalism and upholds company values and goals.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamlines works processes, and works cooperatively to provide quality, seamless customer service.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises volunteers involved in the program at the Chandler Senior Center. Responsibilities include participating in recruiting and training of volunteers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: Two years human services and food service experience preferred. A combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties of the position; a strong knowledge of the needs of seniors; and an awareness of services for seniors provided by other agencies. Ability to relate to elderly of all economic, social and ethnic groups.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Certificate from related trade school or 2 years or more of related experience or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to clients, general public, volunteers and employees of the organization. Ability to relate to elderly of all economic, social and ethnic groups.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
CERTIFICATIONS: A current Food Handler’s card is required, as well as certification in CPR and First Aid. Must have Central Registry clearance and qualify for a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, current driver’s license and ability to qualify to drive CCCC vehicles through company insurance provider preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
Committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Kitchen Coordinator Wallis Berry at email@example.com.