PART TIME PREP COOK
Reports To: Kitchen Coordinator
FLSA Status: Part-Time, On-Call, Non-exempt
Prepared Date: June 4, 2012
SUMMARY: Assists workers engaged in food production and preparation for congregate and home delivered meals in order to offer resources and services that nourish, challenge, and assist and entertain persons age 60+. CCCC’s Senior Programs staff act in accordance with the Senior Programs guiding principals: advocate for the well being, respect individuality, engage in meaningful activities, and foster independence of/for the people we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and upholds company values and goals.
• Exercises confidentiality, sensitivity, and professionalism.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamlines works processes, and works cooperatively to provide quality, seamless customer service.
• Prepares food product in accordance with the approved menu, under the direction of Kitchen Coordinator; washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits; cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood; stirs and strains soups and sauces: weighs and measures designated ingredients: carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
• Assists with the coordination of food service: ensures appropriate portion size and quality of product; follows dietician‘s note for menu modifications; maintains food product recipes to ensure consistency of food product: prepares meals for appropriate serving styles in both congregate and home delivered situations.
• Assists with weekly inventory, rotating dated items, maintains appropriate levels of inventory to cover emergency, unexpected changes or delivery problems.
• Maintains standards and ensures compliance with current prevailing regulations regarding food service, sanitation, health, safety, and nutrition; attends continuing education classes and meetings as required: stores foods in designated areas: cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, and steam cleans or hoses garbage containers.
• Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
• Promotes family, staff and community involvement with all aspects of the Senior Center programming.
• Participates in program outreach, program development and fundraising.
• Participates in ensuring programmatic contract compliance with all funding sources.
• Participates in cost controls measures as directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Certificate from related trade school or 2 years or more of related experience or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, dietician’s notes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to relate to elderly of all economic, social and ethnic groups, ability to communicate effectively with others.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written and oral form. Ability to evaluate a situation and apply reasonable solution to resolve
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current Food Handler’s card, certification in CPR and First Aid. Must have clearance from the Arizona Central Registry for Sexual Offenders and qualify for a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, current driver’s license and ability to qualify drive CCCC vehicles through company insurance provider.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Email a resume and cover letter to Wallis berry, Kitchen Coordinator, at email@example.com or apply in person between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm at Gilbert Senior Center 130 N. Oak St. Gilbert, AZ 85233.
TiffanyMarch 31st, 2016 View Profile