ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST 1
Reports To: CAP Manager
FLSA Status: Part-Time On-Call Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: June 4, 2012
SUMMARY: Perform community contact work related to programs and caseloads. Complete assessments of families or individuals applying for Community Action Program services. Assess, record, review, and follow up on individual Action Plans as well as document and track all action taken in client case files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and upholds company values and goals.
• Work toward the achievement of Community Action goals which include: assisting low income people to become more self-sufficient and achieve their potential; improve conditions in which low income people live; increase low income individuals stake in their community: develop partnerships to serve low income people; strengthen families and communities.
• Works cooperatively to provide quality, seamless customer service.
• Exercises confidentiality, sensitivity, and professionalism and upholds company values and goals.
• Answers telephones, and performs clerical duties, as necessary.
• Interview families or individuals applying for Community Action Program services (i.e. finances, employment, employment search, shelter services and basic needs including food, clothing, personal items) to determine nature and degree of need.
• Determine client’s eligibility for financial assistance and collect documentation to support each application in client’s file.
• Provide quality and individualized referrals to other community services.
• Refer family/individuals in need of intensive or long term management to case management services.
• Perform outreach to make resources available to potential clients of the Community Action Program, including home visits when needed.
• Complete direct financial assistance applications accurately and in a timely manner.
• Assist with other programs offered to community members, such as the holiday program, Volunteer Income Assistance, and food programs as needed.
• Provides information requested by AZCEND’s management for preparation of reports.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Email a resume and cover letter to Milon Pitts, CAP Programs Manager, at email@example.com or apply in person between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm at AZCEND 345 S. California St. Chandler, AZ 85225.