It is an unfortunate reality that many people will be in need of emergency assistance at some time in their lives. The sudden loss of a job, a catastrophic event or illness, even extreme weather can create unmanageable burdens for anyone.
If you are in need of assistance, please visit one of our locations listed below.
All requests for assistance must be accompanied by a Pre-screening Packet English Version/ Spanish Version
If you live in Gilbert, Chandler, Sun Lakes, or the Maricopa County portion of Queen Creek, you may download and complete a pre-screening packet prior to coming into our office or call for other ways to submit your request. If you do not live in one of these areas, please click here to view a list of locations/contacts for other Community Action Programs.
345 S. California St
Chandler, AZ 85225
132 W. Bruce Ave.(in the Heritage Center)
Gilbert, AZ 85233
AZCEND CAP programs offer a balanced approach to meet the needs of our community:
- Case Management
- Goal Planning Through Life Action Maps
- Job Training
- Employment and Education Referrals
- Financial Education
- Referrals to Other Services and Programs
- Follow-up and ongoing support
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Eviction Prevention
- Shelter/Housing Referrals
- Food and Clothing Referrals
Last year, CAP provided:
- Rental Assistance for 383 households ($274,202)
- Utility Assistance for 1,744 households ($1,144,454)
- 242 Referrals for Home Repairs and/or Weatherization
- 1,500 Referrals for Other Services (Food, Clothing, Housing, Budgeting, etc.)
Funded in part by the City of Chandler, Maricopa County Human Services Department, Department of Economic Security, Town of Gilbert, and Valley of the Sun United Way.