Types of financial assistance available through the CAP (Community Action Program) Office:
- Utility (including water, gas, electricity)
- Eviction Prevention
If you live in Chandler, Gilbert, Sun Lakes, or the Maricopa County portion of Queen Creek, you may complete a pre-screening packet and submit in-person or via email. If you do not live in one of these areas, please click here to view a list of locations/contacts for other Community Action Programs.
Chandler Community Action Program
345 S. California St
Chandler, AZ 85225
480-963-1423 x118 – Hours: M-F 7:30am-4:00pm, Tuesday: 7:30am-7:00pm
Gilbert Community Action Program
132 W. Bruce Ave.(in the Heritage Center)
Gilbert, AZ 85233
480-892-5331 – Hours: M-F 8am-4pm, Thursday: 10:30am-7:00pm
How to apply for help:
- Complete the pre-screening application. *Due to the high volume of applications, you may not receive a follow-up for up to 4 weeks. A pre-screening application can be filled out at our office in-person or online:
- Drop off the pre-screening application to either our Chandler or Gilbert offices (addresses above) or email the application to email@example.com (emailing a picture of each of the pages is acceptable).
- After submitting your pre-screening application, you will be contacted by an eligibility specialist. Please note that you will need to have the following documents available when your eligibility specialist makes contact with you:
- Current Electric, Gas, and/or Water Bill(s)
- Proof of Identity (Applicant Only)
- Current Lease Agreement – must be in the name of a household member
- Gross Income Verification – last 60 days
- Proof of Financial Hardship due to the COVID-19 Pandemic OR Hard Copy Documentation for Unemployment Benefits
- Late notice, Eviction Notice
**Proof of citizenship and Social Security Number or immigration status are not required in the Emergency Rental Assistance program and households do not need to provide documentation for either. However, if you are interested in other AZCEND programs, some may require at least one household member to have citizenship or a certain immigration status and a Social Security Number. All are welcome to apply for services.
**La prueba de ciudadanía, el número de seguro social o estatus migratoria no son requeridos en el programa de Asistencia de Renta de Emergencia y todos los miembros del hogar no necesitan proporcionar documentación para cualquiera de los tres. Sin embargo, si está interesado en otros programas de AZCEND algunos pueden requerir que al menos un miembro del hogar tenga la ciudadanía o cierto estado migratorio y un número de seguro social. Todos son bienvenidos a solicitar servicios.
***Please notify us as soon as possible if you have been to court or if your utilities have been disconnected.
AZEND is a recipient of Emergency Rental Assistance program funds. The funds are intended for those most in need. According to federal guidelines, applications for assistance will be prioritized using the following criteria:
- Households living at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Households with one or more members that have been unemployed for the past 90 days at time of application and living at or below 80% AMI