Reports To: CAP Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: April 18, 2016
SUMMARY: Perform community outreach and contact work related to programs and caseloads. Complete assessments of families or individuals applying for Community Action Program services. Assess, record, review, and follow up on individual Action Plans as well as document and track all action taken in client case files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and upholds company values and goals.
- Work toward the achievement of Community Action goals which include: assisting low income people to become more self-sufficient and achieve their potential; improve conditions in which low income people live; increase low income individuals stake in their community: develop partnerships to serve low income people; strengthen families and communities.
- Interview families or individuals applying for Community Action Program services (i.e. finances, employment, employment search, shelter services and basic needs including food, clothing, personal items) to determine nature and degree of need.
- Educate clients to assist in modifying attitudes and patterns of behavior which prevent them from achieving self sufficiency.
- Develop action plans with clients to address needs identified through the assessment process as determined by the individual action plan and aids client to mobilize capabilities and resources to improve their self sufficiency.
- Determine client’s eligibility for financial assistance and complete all necessary documentation accurately and in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Provide quality and individualized referrals to other community resources.
- Perform long term case management in accordance with current Community Action Program policies and procedures.
- Perform outreach to make resources available to potential clients of the Community Action Program, including home visits when needed.
- Review service plans to determine the status of client’s case and perform follow-up to
- determine quantity and quality of service provided.
- Record and track all services daily and record in the MCHSD database by the end of the workday.
- Perform quality control checks on client files and financial assistance applications to insure accuracy and contract compliance.
- Participate in the identification and development of special programs and projects designed to meet the needs of low income individuals in our community. Such projects may include VITA: parenting classes; financial fitness classes; back to school programs, resource drives; fundraising; and other projects with community partners.
- Works with Community Action Programs Manger to complete reports and define program goals.
- Assists with VITA program as necessary.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Is responsible for the supervision of CAP staff in the absence of the CAP Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual preferred. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Milon at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.