Reports to: CAP Manager
Position Summary: The Benefits Coordinator assists eligible individuals and families to increase their knowledge of and access to public benefits including TANF, SNAP (Food Stamps), and medical assistance.
1. Recruits individuals and families, with particular emphasis on uninsured or underinsured families with children age 5 or under.
2. Educates clients on affordable health care resources, including AHCCCS and the health care marketplace.
3. Assists clients to sign up for public benefits using the Health-E Arizona Plus online application.
4. Processes online applications, submits applications to DES, and performs follow up with DES and clients.
5. Assists clients to identify alternative resources, either within AZCEND programs and/or in the community, to address specific needs.
6. Conducts client outreach for the agency in the community.
7. Conducts client intake/registration for emergency and supplemental food as needed.
8. Assists in developing, preparing, and implementing the course of action and service strategies appropriate for achieving program outcomes.
9. Keep up to date with changes or information about healthcare.gov and other resources throughout the year.
10. Attends program-specific meetings and represents the agency in the community.
11. Documents services provided and prepares activity and mileage reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
12. Assists with general upkeep and cleanliness of the facility.
13. Keeps CAP Manager informed of trends, concerns, successes, and other issues requiring attention.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Two years related work experience in a human services setting providing direct services to the public is preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and able to interface with internal and external customers.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Fluency in English and Spanish required.
• Strong computer skills including Internet and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and internet-based applications.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Works well independently with minimum supervision.
• Valid Arizona Driver’s License
• Current Automobile Insurance
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Milon at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
TiffanyApril 26th, 2016 View Profile